Earth Champions program (ECP) is the signature youth environmental leadership program of BYEI, through which BYEI selects potential young minds and train them to become leaders and catalysts for social and environmental progress and sustainability.The Earth Champions Program was awarded with Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) grant from the U.S. Department of State in 2011.
Goals & Objectives of ECP
- To nurture young minds and develop young leaders who will bring change and meet the need of existing gaps of leadership to work as drivers in tackling the environmental challenges.
- To link young leaders to their communities through the implementation of community based environmental projects.
- To create a strong network of young people and provide scope and resources to be active in bringing the environmental and societal change.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Each selected ECP fellow will receive an award as full-tuition scholarship to complete the Earth Champions Program.
- ECP fellows will receive financial support to implement their community based project ideas.
- Each of the selected ECP fellows will receive financial support to form an environmental club and carry out activities under that club in their respective school/college.
- Will receive training and lectures from some of the leading experts and leaders from environment field.
- Upon successful completion of ECP, fellows will be recognized jointly by BYEI and supporting partners.